Court Convictions

Payment Information

Gavel.JPGPayment is due within 30 days or within the time period specified by the Justice of the Peace.

Following your conviction, a "Notice of Fine and Due Date" will be mailed to you. However, in the event that you do not receive this notice, it is still your responsibility to pay the total amount owing on or before the due date. Failure to do so can result in the suspension of your driver's licence, collection agency assignment with associated costs, credit bureau reporting, and/or further court action resulting in the issuance of a writ of seizure and sale of property and/or garnishment of wages and bank accounts.

Partial payments can be made at any time providing that the total amount owing is paid in full on or before the due date.

If you are not able to pay the total amount owing by the due date, you may apply to a Justice of the Peace for an extension of time to pay before the due date to avoid any further costs. A "Motion for Extension of Time to Pay Fine" application may be downloaded from this web-site, be completed by you ensuring that all information is current including address and telephone number, and then returned to this office. A Justice of the Peace will either grant or deny this request and they look much more favourably on your application if you've already made partial payments. Our office will advise you in writing as to whether more time has been granted by the Justice of the Peace for you to pay your fine.