Social Housing Registry

The Social Housing Registry manages the centralized waiting list  for all rent-geared-to-income units in the public housing portfolio, rent supplement units, and most rent-geared-to-income units administered by the co-operative and non-profit housing providers, and the affordable housing units.   Follow the links to view rent-geared-to-income units for adults, families, and seniors

To see the types of social housing available in the community of your choice, follow the links to:  Athens, Brockville, Cardinal, Delta, Elgin, Gananoque, Lansdowne, Kemptville, Mallorytown, Merrickville, Portland, Prescott, Oxford Mills, Spencerville, and Westport .  Not all communities have family units, and some communities may only have senior or adult units. 

To apply for rent-geared-to-income (subsidized) housing or affordable housing in Leeds Grenville, an Application for Subsidized Housing  must be completed and submitted to the Social Housing Registry to determine eligibility.   Verification of citizenship (i.e. birth certificate, citizenship certificate) and the most recent Notice of Assessment must be submitted with the application.  To request a copy of your Notice of Assessment contact the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281.

To determine the size of unit you may be eligible for, refer to local Occupancy Standards

Applicants who are/have been victims of abuse may apply for the Special Priority Household Category by submitting the Request for Special Priority Household Category with their application.  Applicants who require a modified (accessible) unit or require an additional bedroom for medical reasons must submit a Verification of Disability or Medical Condition with their application.  Modified units will be offered to applicant households requiring the modification first. 

Eligible applicants will be ranked on the centralized waiting list for their preferred locations based on the date the application is complete.   Offers of accommodation are made by telephone, so it is very important to inform the Registry of any changes to the information provided in the application.  To update your application, complete the Update/Change of Information form and submit it to the Social Housing Registry.   All applicants will be required to update their application at least once annually near the anniversary date of their application. 

For additional information, please contact the Social Housing Registry at 613-342-3840 or 1-800-267-8146 extension 2450 or fax