Ontario Early Years Centres
An Ontario Early Years Centre is a place for children from birth to the age of six and their parents and caregivers to take part in programs and activities together. Parents and caregivers can
also get information about their children's development and about services to support that development.
Every Ontario Early Years Centre offers the services listed below. The programs and services are free to all parents and caregivers
of young children.
- Early learning and literacy programs for parents and children.
- Programs to help parents and caregivers in all aspects of early child development.
- Programs on parenting.
- Links to other early years programs and services in the community.
- Outreach activities so all parents can get involved with their local Ontario Early Years Centre.
Staff at the Centres can help parents and caregivers to:
- Get ready to be a parent if expecting a baby.
- Help children learn to talk, play and read.
- Learn new parenting skills.
- Meet the needs of families by offering information about other community programs
Ontario Early Years Centres offer a variety of programs at other locations. Satellite programs may be offered in schools, child care centres and community centres.