Public Works Committee
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is piloting a Committee of the Whole meeting structure until the end of the 2013. This will replace the current Public Works Committee and the Governance and Finance Committee meetings. The Committee of the Whole will consist of all members of Council and will hold their meetings on the Tuesday of the first full week of the month. To be directed to the Committee of the Whole page, please select "Committee of the Whole" from the menu on the left hand side or click on this link: http://www.leedsgrenville.com/en/govern/committeesboards/Committee-of-the-Whole.asp.
The Public Works Committee reports directly to Council and consists of all members of Counties Council. A Chair and Vice Chair are elected annually.
The Committee is responsible for making recommendations to Council on issues related to:
- the management of roads, equipment and lands owned by the Counties
- the management and oversight of long range and functional/operational plans
- forest management
- waste management activities (example - Household Hazardous Waste Collection, proposed landfill site ED-19)
- the review and approval of subdivision and severance applications
- planning, maintenance and capital works associated with maintaining counties-owned buildings
- development of GIS policy, strategic plan, priority setting
The Public Works Committee usually meets at 9:00 a.m. on the first Tuesday during the first full week of the month in the Council Chambers, 25 Central Avenue West, Brockville, Ontario.
The 'Calendar of Events' tab on the left hand side will show the meeting dates.